Log home maintenance
Log Home Terminology
- Recognized industry standard for synthetic chinking
- Superior elasticity – won't tear, preventing weather and insect infiltration
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Water-based – easy to apply and clean up
- Freeze-thaw stable
Below are Some Basic Application Guidelines:
- Best results are obtained when Log Jam is applied to clean, dry, stained wood.
- Install a bond breaker before Log Jam is applied. Backer rod, Grip Strip, and bond-breaking tape perform this function well. If Log Jam is applied over white styrene bead-board, it is best to cover the bead-board with polyester tape (to prevent adhesion to the beadboard). We do not recommend the use of blue or pink extruded polystyrene board.
- Tool the Log Jam to ensure good contact with the log surfaces, especially to the upper log; this will greatly aid adhesion.